Activity Points In KTU
APJ Abdul Kalam Technological university (APJ AKTU) or KTU encourages extracurricular activities by making activity points mandatory.
Students can earn activity points through various extracurricular activities. Earning Activity points are mandatory to Complete the whole B. Tech Course in KTU. 2 credits are awarded from the 100 Activity Points earned by the students. Thus students have to earn 100 activity points in the whole B.Tech Programme.
If you earn more activity points than required, You are doing better but more credits wont be awarded. Activity points may be accounted.
How to Earn Activity Points in KTU?
Activity points are to encourage students and help them to be closer with the industry they are related to. Students will also get an exposure which helps them in the future.
There are many ways to earn activity points in KTU, more than that you have a lot of time to earn the same. We will discuss the top ways for earning activity points in KTU.
Top 10 Ways For Earning Activity Points
1. Entrepreneurship and innovation (80 / 60 Points)
It provides multiple paths to gain activity points.
- A Start-up Company registered legally earns 60 points. Even when the patent is filed, published and approved receives 60 points.
- If a student gets government funding for their innovation and starting of a start-up employment can add the highest 80 points.
Maximum Points:- 80
2. Participation in NCC / NSS (60 Points)
Being a part of national initiatives like NSS /NCC for a minimum duration of 2 years can fetch a KTU student with a maximum of 60 points.
Maximum points:- 60
3. Sports and games (8 – 60 Points)
Apart from studies, technical competitions a KTU student is appreciated to take part in sports and games.
- The college-level achievement of a student can earn him 8 points
- zonal level achievement adds 15 points
- university level can bag 25 points
- national level earns 40
- international achievement adds 60 points.
Providing the maximum point to be 60.
4.Cultural activities (Up to 60 Points)
Cultural activities can render a maximum of 60 points. Cultural activities comprises of different forms of arts like dance, music, literary activities. This indeed shows that KTU supports student’s extra-curricular activities
5. Leadership and management: (Upto 40 Points)
Being a leader in professional societies like IEEE, college association chapters can add Upto 40 points.
Managing the technical fests can also give Upto 40 points.
Points can be earned by the elected student representatives.
- Chairman – 30 Points
- Secretary – 15
- (Other Council Members) – 15
6.NPTEL ( Upto 50 points)
NPTEL(Programme on Technology Enhanced Learning) is a joint initiative of the IITs and IISc providing a E-learning platform through videos.
On the basis of mark obtained by a student in the certified exam can get a maximum of 50 points.
You can register for NPTEL Courses Here
7.Workshops/paper presentation (Up to 40)
Attending workshops, seminars and paper presentation at
- IIT / NIT (Workshop) :-20 – Maximum 40 can be earned (20 x 2)
- IIT / NIT (Paper Presentation) :-30 (Additional 10 points for certificate of recognition. ) => Max 40 Points
- at KTU or any other affiliated institutes fetches 12 points.
8. Competitions (Up to 40 Points)
Taking part in a competition conducted by professional societies like IEEE, IET, and ASME can again fetch a student with a maximum of 40 points
9. Internship ( Maximum 20 Points)
Internship for at least 5 full days at any company of your field adds 20 points. This is the maximum points under internship and doing more internships wont help in earning more points.
10. Industrial visit (Upto 10 Points)
Understanding and learning the field you will be working in near future is very important as your studies. An industrial visit gives the clear image of a company and that visit brings with them a maximum of 10 points (2 IV – 5 Points Each).