APJ Abdul Kalam Technological University (KTU) has revised the Year back and credit system in the meeting held in the government secretariat. The meeting was held on 8th November 2017 in the presence of Kerala Educational Minister Prof: Raveendranath, university authorities and other student organizations.The meeting started from 2.30 pm onwards and ended at 6.15pm. After discussion, the university decided to amend the existing KTU year back system.
The Year back system under KTU is not completely taken back but changed the frequency and reduced the credit requirements. Further details are provided below. The Main requirement of the KTUSU (KTU Students Union) was to roll back the year back unless the university becomes stable. KTUSU and KSU haven’t accepted the present decision.
New Amendments or Modification (Year Back)
- There will be only 2 level filtration or year backs for a batch under B.Tech from now.
- First Year back will be held in the 5th Semester(3rd year) – 26 Credits From (S1,S2)
- The second Year Back will be in 7th Semester(4th Year) – 52 Credits From (S1,S2,S3,S4)
- There will be meeting with the university with the students at least once in a semester.
- There will be state-level sports and art fest every Year
- New IT cell will be brought into practise
- Exam, Result Revaluation ammendments will be done soon
- Supplementary exams will be given to those who couldn’t acheive the credits