Kerala State Council For Science, Technology, And Environment (KSCSTE) and APJ Abdul Kalam Technological University (KTU) is organizing a special program ‘INNOVATE’ for promoting innovations from engineering students in Kerala state. ‘INNOVATE’ of KSCSTE invites project proposals from engineering students.
Under the ‘INNOVATE‘ program financial support will be provided for selected innovative projects. Such best Innovative projects will be able to present in TEKON – 2018 (Techfest of KSCSTE). The logo and name contest for the same were called before.
The last date for the Project application form submission is : 20th October 2017
Who can apply?
B.tech Engineering Students in Kerala can apply for the same.
Students can participate in ‘INNOVATE’ as individuals or a group. The member limit for a group is 5.
Each Selected Students Team or Project have a chance to get a maximum of 25,000 Rs as Financial support for developing their project.
- Each Engineering College has to conduct an in-house competition for innovative ideas/projects and an Expert Committee constituted within the college shall select the best 2 — 3 projects.
- Best project/s in such maybe send in the prescribed application format (downloadable from www.kscste.kerala.gov.in) to KSCSTE by the Head of the Institution.
- A teaching faculty of the institution should be the guide for each project.
- A Judging Committee constituted by KSCSTE & KTU will select meritorious project proposals to be supported under INNOVATE
- ‘INNOVATE’ promotes innovative technologies in the challenging areas of Science & Technology or socially relevant technologies.
- Some of the examples for technological developments are: Cordless Electric Iron, Automatic intelligent braking system for vehicles, Automatic mist control in automobiles, Dog repellent gadget,Water purifiers for rural application,Extraction of clean natural salt from seawater, Pesticide detection technology in fruits & vegetables,Organic waste converters, Green building materials,Cold chain process etc.